Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election

I am so glad things are pretty much over, all the election campaigns make me feel sick, the way they mud-sling each other and promote themselves. Although I can't say that I am pleased at the outcome it is a relief just to know that it is done.
And for me anyway it doesn't really matter who the president of the United States is, the Lord is on the throne and it is Him who I serve. He is working everything out for His own purposes, this is not a mistake of His nor did He just decide to let us figure things out during the election, He did not fall asleep and leave us to our own ends(much as we deserve it). This all part of His sovereign plan and it is such an encouragement to me to know that.
"In the LORD I put my trust; How can you say to my soul, "Flee as a bird to your mountain"? For look! The wicked bend their bow, They make ready their arrow on the string, That they may shoot secretly at the upright in heart. If the foundations are destroyed, What can the righteous do? The LORD is in His holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven; His eyes behold..."

5 comments:

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

I just came across your blog this evening. I enjoyed reading some of your entries. I have read "Beautiful Girlhood" too. It is a very good book.

McKenzie

Anonymous said...

Hey Girlfriend!

I had no idea that YOU had a blog!
I was pleasantly surprised. :) The layout/format that you picked for your blog is darling...very "you."
Love ya, girl.

Paige Elizabeth

Laurel Beth said...

So Paige, how did you find out? I love you too, girlfriend!
I visited your blog, McKenzie and I enjoyed it too!
Laurel

Jessica said...

Hi Laurel,

Paige just told me about your blog. Very nice. Is it alright if I link to you? Have a lovely Thanksgiving!

-Jessica M.

Laurel Beth said...

Sure, Jess, you can link. Hopefully I'll be doing some more writing here fairly soon.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving too!
And I hope we'll see you on Sunday.