Sunday, January 3, 2010

Well, I really have neglected my blog quite shamefully haven't I?
Life has been treating me fairly well, although sleep is something that I've had quite a lack of lately and while for a few days that is alright it is starting to catch up to me. Also this morning I (again) managed to injure myself moving some boxes. Really I'm beginning to feel like I should just have my family wrap me in bubble-wrap and never let me out of the house.

We broke our New Year's Eve tradition this year and spent it with our church family. For as long as I can remember we always had done pizza, m&m's, and watched movies till midnight, just our family, although when we were younger we usually did not actually make it to midnight.
I quite enjoyed spending it with friends, played ImagineIff (And found out what everyone really thought of everyone else.) Then several rounds of Mafia(And found out who everyone hated.) Had a time of prayer and singing, very enjoyable, I love singing with people who actually enjoy it and so do it quite well. Later on played more Mafia, my favorite part of that game is dying so that you can just sit there and watch everyone else, it really is most amusing. Most people left between 11 and 12 o'clock, my father got caught up in a game so we were there till after 1 a.m. and played Worst Case Scenario( where we found out how long we would all survive in various situations.).



Yesterday we had all planned to go skating, but unfortunately things had warmed up and created slush on the pond then frozen, so it was unskatable. Instead we did a sledding party in the afternoon, I'm not really much for sledding myself, I find it to be more work than it's really worth, but I enjoy watching others spill, and amuse themselves with it. Although for the most part yesterday was not all that interesting.

"I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens, but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string." L. M. Montgomery

2 comments:

Bethany said...

I've been enjoying your blog. Happy New Year! We always spend New Years with some of our church family. It is a real blessing!

Megan said...

I'm glad you finally broke the tradition!