Tuesday, September 29, 2009

To My Parents...


Legally I'm now considered an adult, not really a big deal to me as I consider that I'm still (Biblical speaking) under my parents authority, and will be until the Lord sees fit to bring me a husband. I am so grateful for my parents as they are not making me seek my own way but always to do the will of the Lord in how they train and care for their children.

And for making all those years ago when Caitlin started school, the decision to teach us at home, protecting us from the world's schooling system and allowing us to pursue our own and interests and expand on the things we truly enjoy doing.

I think I was probably the most difficult of us to teach as I was the most obstinate, and stubborn of us girls, my parents were very patient...

I praise the Lord that they went against the flow in the training of their daughters, teaching us to be keepers at home, young women of meekness with quiet spirits, but strong in the Lord. At least, that is what we strive for.

I pray that I may one day be able to walk in their footsteps, and that the Lord may grant me grace to train my own children as well as they have done for us.

Thank you, Mother and Abba for everything you have done in the past 18 years, from the moment I was born to now, teaching me the will of the Lord, that I may praise Him and serve Him in every aspect of my life.

4 comments:

Anna Andalasia said...

Happy Birthday!

I was also homeschooled from first grade to graduation. I wouldn't have had it any other way.

Aaron said...

Hmm.

Megan said...

Happy birthday Laurel, and really cute pictures!

Emily said...

Lovely blog! I really enjoyed visiting. :)
Blessings,
Emily AnneHello!
www.thewhitewayofdelight.blogspot.com