Monday, August 30, 2010

Catching up...

My apologies for the lack of posts these past few days, things have actually been a lot more laid back for me than usual. I had my wisdom teeth out on Wednesday so spent the next couple days being lazy. Really could have written then but was not feeling much motivation or inspiration as far as what to write on.
The surgery actually went really well, of course I was asleep the whole time so don't actually know how much difficulty the doctor's may or may not have had. But when I woke up I was fully alert, none of the confusion or loopiness that I was told to expect. Was able to go to prayer meeting that evening much to the surprise of everyone else there, not that there was that many there, it was actually just us, some of the Mallerys and Mr. & Mrs. Bauer.
The next couple days were the most painful, right now I'm still feeling like I got slugged, and am craving something to actually chew on, rather than drinking all my food.
Things are coming together pretty well as far as wedding plans go, three weeks seems like a very long and very short time. The dresses are now mainly finished, hopefully you'll get to see all my work in pictures after the wedding, right now we're trying to keep things pretty well under wraps so that not everybody knows everything about the wedding before the actual day. =)
Caitlin's been packing her stuff up preparing to move it to their basement apartment. Also has been collecting furniture with which to fill their new home, she recently got a couch and recovered the cushions, we had to test it out to make sure it will fit plenty of people.;-)
Caitlin's shower was quite lovely, thank you so much to all the ladies who came and Hannah for putting it all together!
I meant to write a lot more but am really lacking in words right now, hopefully I'll be posting a little more consistently here soon, meanwhile I'll leave you with a quote from Spurgeon:

"There are times when solitude is better than society, and silence is wiser than speech.
We should be better Christians if we were more alone, waiting upon God, and gathering though meditation on His Word spiritual strength for labour in his service. We ought to muse upon the things of God because we thus get the real nutrients out of them...Why is it that some Christians, although they hear many sermons, make but slow advances in the divine life? Because they neglect their closets, and do not thoughtfully meditate on God's Word. They love the wheat but they do not grind it; they would have the corn, but they will not go forth into the fields to gather it; the fruit hangs upon the tree, but they will not pluck it; the water flows at their feet, but they will not stoop to drink it. From such folly deliver us, O Lord..."




1 comment:

She Will Move Mountains said...

I cannot believe that you were alert and not loopy after having your wisdom teeth out! I was very loopy after I had mine out...it's probably because I have a low tolerance when it comes to drugs, just a little bit knocks me out stone cold. I remember getting out of surgery and the nurse wanted to help me out to the car and I just swatted her away and sad NO! After that we had to go get my meds at the store and I was so out of it that my momma left me in our car...when momma came back out with the meds in hand she saw that I was passed out with my head up against the car window (yeah, and there was blood dripping down my face...lovely right?)

Anyways....I'm glad your surgery went well and that it didn't knock you for a loop! Chicken 'n' Stars soup is pretty easy to get down...if you still aren't able to eat many solid foods.

Blessings friend,
Sarah