Wednesday, August 18, 2010

An Everlasting Splendour

"There is a difference between the growth of some human beings and that of others: in the one case it is the continuous dying, in the other a continuous resurrection." George MacDonald

"There are no ordinary people. You have never talked to a mere mortal... each person is either an immortal horror or an everlasting splendour." C.S. Lewis

We come in contact with various people on a daily basis but do we ever really stop and consider who these people are and what they may mean in our own lives or what we may mean in theirs. I know it is not something that I often think about, or if I do it is once I have gotten home and look back on the events of the day. When we are speaking with others do we consider the fact that we are servants of Christ and therefore witnesses of Him to everyone we come in contact with. These are not just random people on the street, masses of cell life that came about by a freak accident. Everyone is either a child of God or a child of the devil.
Actually taking this into consideration when I am around others, whether it is people I know or strangers greatly changes the way that I interact with them. What I say and do tells others where I am at, if I am a servant of Christ, it should be obvious by everything I do. But it is so rare that this actually comes across, I have met many people who could very possibly be followers of Christ, but it never came across through the interaction we had one with the other, and they could say the same of me. What is it that we do to set ourselves apart from the world and show to them the hope that lies within us, the hope of being eternally with our Lord as children of light, and showing to them their own lost state, as being headed to eternal damnation. What are we doing to glorify the Lord as we walk through each day?



No comments: