Saturday, August 7, 2010

Day 26

A Childhood Memory:
My clearest memories are of the family that lived next door to us when I was little. They were very close friends of ours, and we basically shared both houses. Mostly I remember playing various fantasy things, the ladder that always stood in their yard was the gateway to "Mysteria", which was whatever kind of land you wanted it to be, but usually it was inhabited by some evil power which we had to overthrow in order to return to our own home. That or we all had our time travel watches, and would battle in the Civil War, rescue Jews from the Nazi's during World War II, and escape just in time to avoid being eaten by a dragon.
I was so sad when they moved to Ohio a year before we moved to Montana, it felt like half my family was missing. And we'll get to see them this fall for the first time in 10 years! Though I doubt we'll being doing any time traveling. =)

1 comment:

His Handmaidens said...

We may do some time traveling, because that is what sharing memories is, don't you agree?
Love you Laurel,
Caitlin